Sunday, April 14, 2013

Our Baby Girl is here!

Our Baby Girl Fiona Topanga Bostow arrived on Easter, 3/31/13 at 9:35 am.  It was a nice surprise since my actual due date was April 8th.  She weighed 7lbs even and was 19 1/2" long.  The labor was fast, so that was a relief.  So fast that my Dr. didn't make it, which I felt  a little sad about! 
She is a sweetheart and we couldn't love her more.  She has dark hair and people tend to say she looks like Leyton. 
Thanks to my parents for getting the kids in a hurry and to Kelly and Dave who were already hosting Easter, and then had our two boys for the day on top of that!  I felt bad about missing Easter for the kids, but I think it worked out good in that they were busy having fun with their cousins and probably forgot we were even gone!
Here are some photos from baby Fiona's first few days of life!
 
 

 These couple pictures were from immediately after she was born.  I was happy and in shock that she was here I think!


 She weighed 7.01lbs

 My Doctor, who walked in right as she came out.  I told him I was sorry he missed it, and had to leave his Easter, but he assured me he didn't mind, and that technically he didn't miss it.

 Tiny little toes, and a lot of security bands :)


 That night Kelly brought the boys to meet their new sister!  They were exhausted from Easter, but Leyton was in love right away.  Cal slept most of the time, but seemed to like her when he woke up before they left :)



Poor Baby Girl Bostow didn't have a name basically the whole time we were there.  We had it down to Penelope or Fiona.  We've had Penelope since we were pregnant with Leyton, so its still sometimes hard for me to get that name out of my head!
 Visitors!!!  We had a lot of visitors who came to see Fiona.  Thanks guys!

 Grandma and Grandpa Bostow with their first granddaughter:
 Lucy and Kelly checking out their newest cousin/niece:
 Tina holding Fiona:
 Grandma Pam with Grand-kid number 11!
 Lauren and Grace and Evelyn with Fiona.  Evelyn and Fiona are only 6 weeks apart!
 Ella and Fiona, not in her happiest moment:
 Big brother again!
 






 The boys always want to hold her:
 Arriving at my room in the hospital.  We got to the room a couple minutes before nine and she was born at 9:35!  It was a long 20 minute ride to the Hudson Hospital :)  I was happy to not get the epidural again, but at the time it always seems like a mistake :)  I started having contractions at home around 6:30, out of the blue.  We did Easter baskets with the kids, I called my mom and dad to come get the kids around 7:30 and started getting things together.  My dad came at 8:00 for the boys, we left the house at about 8:30 and got to the hospital at 8:50 and checked in and got up to the room.  On the ride to the hospital and while checking in my contractions were about 2 minutes apart.  When we got to the room I had Eric take this picture quick, because I was feeling guilty that I hadn't taken one since I was 30 weeks, and I was pretty sure this was the last pregnancy.  Then I got changed, the nurse called my Doctor and we had a few contractions and started pushing.  The nurse called for a family practice Doc that was on rounds, and she was here!  It was great to have her here so quickly and safely!


2 comments:

Jon and Stefanie said...

Congratulations on your little girl! Your family is beautiful!

-Stefanie Scovill
(Eric's cousin on the Heit side)

Amanda Netolicky said...

Your baby girl is amazing with your pretty eyes, Becky! You guys have a very beautiful family :)