Thursday, September 10, 2015

March Madness

After a long break, I am going to attempt to get caught up on the blog.  Obviously a lot has happened since March, so this may take awhile!  One of the biggest changes happened in March when Target had around 3,000 layoffs, which included me.  So since March 10th I've been a stay at home mom to 3 kids again.  At first it took some getting used to, but I am so thankful for this time with them.  Some other things that happened in March included finishing up hockey for Leyton, Soccer for Cal, and Fiona turning 2!  Here are some random photos from what seems like forever ago! :)

Leyton LOVED his first year of hockey and we just signed up for year 2.  I love that he loves it so much, but I've secretly got my fingers crossed for basketball someday ;)

Its easy for me to spot him out there because I recognize his skating now... but it may not be as easy for anyone else since they all pretty much look the same. :)  He's in the middle of the photo, with the one skate up.

 and that's him skating behind the goalie with the puck:

 Grace and Lucy came to cheer him on one week:

 Cal finished up another round of Soccer Shots.  Here he is with some of his soccer buddies:

 Back to his preschool classroom:

 Fiona has discovered my lipsticks on more than one occasion... She has destroyed at least 3 tubes, and caused me a lot of laundry work!

 Since I was home we actually made it to the St. Patrick's Day parade this year, which the kids loved.

 Being home also finally made for enough time to get the yard cleaned up!  We have SO MANY trees and pine needles that we spend every weekend in the spring and fall raking it seems like.  Cal and Fiona and I kept busy doing that many days while Leyton was at school.

 We rewarded ourselves with s'mores a lot of days also :)  And Cal was pretty impressed that I could start a bonfire!

 We went to Rice Lake to visit Jessie and the cousins, which the kids are always so excited to do.  Fiona and Evie have become buddies and play well together.  Fiona still seems like a giant compared to petite Evelyn!

 Cal is still my baker.  He asks to cook something pretty much everyday!

Cal continued to go to preschool a couple days a week from 8-11 through the rest of the school year. It was fun to be able to bring him and pick him up and see his teachers, since before Eric did drop off at 6am, and I didn't get there until close to 6pm for pickup.

No comments: