Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Some random updates

Here are some photos/updates from the last week or so. This past weekend Eric ran the Twin Cities 10mi, and we stayed down here to visit with Kelly, Dave, Grace and Lucy. We had an awesome time going to the Children's museum, swimming, shopping and to dinner at Kelly's college friend LaNae's parent's house. On Saturday I took the boys out for a bike ride in the burley all by myself :) This may not seem like a big deal, but Eric is always the one that takes Leyton for rides, so I was pretty proud that I was able to get it hooked up, and decided to let Cal go for his first ride too (since I was alone with them both I had no other option)! We just went around the couple blocks by our house over and over again since I didn't have a helmet for Cal... pretty dumb I know. Getting him a helmet is on the list! Anyhow, when I put Cal in it next to Leyton he started bawling, but as soon as we started moving he was so happy! Didn't make a peep the whole time besides a few happy squeals. I'm guessing his initial crying was from fear that I was strapping him down to something right next to Leyton... and I cant really blame him for how Leyton treats him sometimes... Anyhow, here are a few random photos!

Cal has been walking behind his little push toys a lot lately, and he gets so excited after he goes a long ways! This nice weather has provided Leyton lots of crazy football time outside, and is a nice relief for me, Cal and the house!
Another thing Leyton likes to do lately is bring his tractor and bobcat stuff outside and put "hay" (grass) in the wagons. It brings back so many childhood memories of my sisters and I doing the same thing! We got the boys new chairs awhile ago, and when Eric was here a couple weeks ago we finally got them out and put together. They seem to like them so far! Leyton loved watching the Packer game in his new chair!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Nice job with the biking! I never would have figured out how to hook the trailer up, let alone be able to pull 2 kids - you rock!