Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Moving Day

The boys helped Eric and I box things up one weekend:As I'm sure you've noticed we have a hard time keeping Leyton dressed:Leyton stayed at Kelly and Dave's with Grace and Lucy. When they woke up it was St. Patrick's Day and Kelly made them green eggs and ham! Leyton did great without us and only cried for a minute at bedtime I'm told.Cal spent the night with Aunt Tina, Susie and Maggie. He was lucky enough to get to go to a park and eat like a big boy at his own table back at their house! They said he only cried at bedtime. My big boy!Leyton loved helping Grandpa and Dad unload the Uhaul: Well it finally happened... we sold our house! After one year exactly, on Valentine's day, we got an offer on our house. One day after valentine's day we had an accepted offer! It has been stressful and crazy trying to get everything packed up and moved, but we've been lucky enough to have the help of family and friends. Thanks Dustin for going all the way to Dodgeville to help do all the heavy lifting with Eric, and thanks Kelly and Tina for taking the boys overnight (for the first time ever!) so Eric and I could go down and box things up. Thanks also to the Potterton's for letting us stay with them! We Closed this past Friday, March 30th and it was exciting and sad all at the same time. Exciting to have it sold and have that stress out of my life, but sad to say goodbye to our first real home. That house has a lot of wonderful memories for us- such as bringing both of the babies home to it, and my water breaking in the front yard :). It makes it easier saying goodbye though knowing that Eric still works for Lands End and will go down there for meetings every so often so the kids and I can always tag along when I want to visit friends and get some amazing cream cheese filled Cinnamon rolls from The Quality Bakery (that's really the name of it- not just what I call it ;)). On to the next chapter of our lives now!


No comments: