Tuesday, June 18, 2013

No more training wheels!

A few weeks ago Leyton said he wanted his training wheels off.  A few days went by and I hadn't done anything about it.  Then one day he came in from the garage and said he took his training wheels off...  Sure enough I go look and there are a couple tools laying next to his bike and all the training wheel parts.  I couldn't believe it.  I was also wondering what we were going to do now since he didn't know how to ride with them off :).  The next morning I was inside making breakfast before we had to leave for preschool and I see him pedal about 3 or 4 pedals without the training wheels before falling off in the grass.  His face was so excited when he got up!  I gave him a thumbs up and he came running in to make sure I saw.  So that night I was telling Eric how he'd taken the training wheels off himself, and how he had been pedaling a few times without any help. The next day I held his seat for him a couple times and we called it quits until dad got home.  When Eric got home that night he went out to work with him and to our surprise he didn't really need any help!  He just took off right away!  For some reason we were expecting lots of falls and tears and long days trying to learn, so him learning so quickly and pretty much on his own was awesome, and he was SO proud of himself!  Here's a video Eric took of him riding.  Luckily we live on a very quiet street with a dead end.  Usually Eric is running along side of him though just to be safe. Oh and if you listen closely to the video you can hear the beautiful sound of Fiona crying in the background... on second thought maybe just turn the volume off :)
   

1 comment:

Megan said...

oh my gosh, this is awesome, Leyton! Cruisin' fast, too! Maybe Maddox would do this if we didn't have so many darn hills around our house :)